Joint Juice is a synergistic blend of organic herbs, homeopathic remedies and vibrational flower essences, naturopathically crafted and expertly blended to gently support the bodies own natural anti-inflammatory pathways.
Wear and tear, traumatic injury, toxic damage, scar tissue, genetic weakness and nutritional deficiencies can all contribute to the development of degenerative joint diseases in our pets. These can manifest with symptoms such as pain, stiffness, lameness, reluctance to walk and slowness of movements.
There is much that can be done to support the reduction of inflammation in the body, and in combination with herbal treatment, addressing the diet of an animal is paramount to achieving successful outcomes.
This powerful yet gentle combination may provide relief from aches, pains, stiffness and soreness, and can be added to food, mixed into natural peanut butter or homemade (uncooked) treats for compliance and palatability.
Not advised for pets suffering from stomach or duodenal ulcers
* Boswellia (Boswellia inflata) - Boswellia is a close relative of frankincense and is one of the most ancient and respected herbs in Ayurvedic healing. It has marked anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects, making it potentially useful in both rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. It effectively shrinks inflamed tissues, improves blood supply and promotes repair of vessels damaged by inflammation. Laboratory and clinical studies show potential for improvement in pain, stiffness and swelling without side effects.
* Devils Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) - This herb has much value in cases of joint pain and inflammation, acting as both an anti-inflammatory and analgesic. Devils claw also stimulates and tones the digestive system, and as poor digestion and absorption can be associated with arthritic conditions this stimulant effect also contributes to its value as an anti-arthritic remedy.
* Withania / Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) - Used for over 2,500 years as a vitalising tonic, Withania is rejuvenating, balancing, strengthening and calming. Animal studies have found that naturally occurring steroids in this herb are potent at controlling inflammation and can effectively reduce the pain of arthritis but without any immune-suppressing effects. It also promotes restful sleep and relaxation, tissue regeneration and can slow the ageing process.
* Arnica (Arnica montana) - Arnica is one of the most well known homeopathic remedies. It is indicated when muscles are sore, painful and the body feels bruised. It may assist with shifting pains, muscle and tendon twitching, aching limbs, and cramps.
* Rhus tox (Rhus toxicodendron) - This homeopathic remedy is indicated in cases of fibrous tissues, ligaments and joints causing rheumatic symptoms. For tearing, shooting and stitching pains, and when parts feel sore, bruised and stiff. It may also help muscle twitching, numbness, inflammation and swelling.
* Ruta grav (Ruta graveolens) - One of the primary homeopathic remedies for injured or bruised bones and therefore bruised, sore, aching feelings and restlessness. It has a particular affinity for fibrous tissues, flexor tendons and joints. It may assist feelings of heaviness, weariness, rigidity and pain.
Cats and toy dogs to 5kg: 5-10 drops twice daily
Dogs up to 10kg: 10 drops twice daily
Dogs up to 20kg: 15 drops twice daily
Dogs up to 30kg: 20 drops twice daily
Dogs 30kg plus: 30 drops twice daily
Or as professionally prescribed
* NOT FOR USE IN CASES OF STOMACH OR DUODENAL ULCERS *
NOTE: At this stage we have not been able to source or create a Boswellia tincture that is completely alcohol free. As such there is a small amount of alcohol present in the Joint Juice tincture. Whilst this does NOT present a health risk to your pets (we have formulated, prescribed and dispensed many alcoholic tinctures for our animal clients with safety and success over the years) we feel strongly that honesty and transparency is important when it comes to what you purchase for your family.
For example if you were dosing your pet with the highest dose listed here (30 drops twice per day) they would only be exposed to a maximum of 1.2mL of alcohol. If this is of concern to you the alcohol can easily be evaporated off by adding the tincture to a small amount of hot water and waiting for it to cool before administering the mixture to your pet.